Monday, September 11, 2017

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies - Week of September 10th, 2017

Week of September 10th, 2017 to September 16th, 2017

I dedicated this week's show to all who have been affected by Hurricane Irma. I have many friends, from St. Maarten to Nassau, as well as in Southern Florida, both on the Atlantic and Gulf sides. One friend of mine drove for 12 hours in bumper to bumper traffic to leave the southern east coast of Florida for Georgia, where they are now getting a tropical storm version of Irma. I wish everyone safety and tons of courage as you start the re-building process. Be sure to listen to lots of the music you love; it will be a great tonic for your heart. And that's what I tried to do this week on the show; and what great music too. Thanks for your requests.

It's my pleasure to send out Happy Birthday greetings to Scott Harmon in Phoenix City, Alabama, and to Jools Clarke in Los Angeles, California. Jools and I have been friends for almost 40 years, as we worked together at A&M Records in the '70s and '80s. If your birthday is coming up soon, I'd like to know so that I can help celebrate your special day by wishing you Happy Birthday on the show and also by playing Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com

Please mark your calendar for our next special. In Canada we celebrate Thanksgiving in early October and as usual, I prepare a great harvest of music for this special. Join me for the Canadian Thanksgiving Special Sunday, October 8th.

This week's Top Five Countdown is from 1957. And the Number One song is the debut and Gold record by Paul Anka, Diana. It's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog. Enjoy!

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice spotlights Jimmy Clanton. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either A Letter To An Angel or Venus In Blue Jeans. I'll play the winning song on next week's show.

Here's this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Thanks again for listening to the show. See you next week.

Bye for now.
Michael