Monday, November 27, 2017

This Week on Treasure Island Oldies week of November 26th, 2017

Week of November 26th, 2017 to December 3rd, 2017

Well here we are in the last week of November already! I was pleased to play some Christmas tunes for you to get you in the mood for decorating and shopping. It was good to pay a musical tribute to David Cassidy, both as a solo artist and with the Partridge Family. I had not heard many of the songs I played on the show in some time. I was very pleased to get great response from the Nuts in the Hut, the Chat Room friends who gather every week to share in the music and memories. When I played David Cassidy's version of Cherish from 1971, the comments took off. While The Association's original is what you hear normally, it sure was good to play David's version. Boy, he sure had a good voice!

Please be sure to mark your calendar for the 21st Annual Treasure Island Oldies Christmas Special, Live, Sunday, December 17th at 6 pm Pacific. We will make the Christmas Special available on demand on the Listen page throughout the Christmas period. I look forward to sharing this special with you.

I'd like to wish Lennart Persson in Gothenberg, Sweden a very Happy Birthday. Lennart has been listening to the show for many years on his local station, Radio 88 FM in Gothenberg. Is your birthday coming up soon? If so, be sure to let me know the date so that I can wish you Happy Birthday on the show and play Birthday by The Beatles for you. Send the info to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com 

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice spotlights Ral Donner. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either The Girl Of My Best Friend or She's Everything (I Wanted You To Be). I'll play the winning song on next week's show.

The Treasure Island Oldies Countdown this week is from 1964. In at Number One is one of the top "Girl groups", The Shangri-Las with Leader Of The Pack. It's playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Thanks again for listening. Please join me again next week for more Treasure Island Oldies. 

Bye for now.
Michael