Monday, March 26, 2018

This Week's Island Update - Week of March 25, 2018

March 25th to 31tst, 2018
 
Well it was another fine time with you on the Island this week, playing your favourite music from the 1950's, '60s, and '70s over the four hours. And it always zips by so quickly! It is always great to hear from you and I am happy to play your requests. For example, last week in the Chat Room, Bill from Saskatoon, Saskatchewan mentioned he'd like to hear Touch Of Magic by James Leroy and Denim. So I checked out the Treasure Island Oldies library and was pleased to play it for him on this week's show as this week's Made In Canada song. And once again, I was pleased to hear from Linda Gehres in California, who listens to the Live show via our Broadcast Partners Network affiliate station, The Legend Oldies, in Indianapolis, Indiana. I loved reading how some songs that I played conjured up deep memories of the songs and the times in her life. I'd love to hear from you too. Any thoughts, comments or requests? Get in touch with me by sending an email tomichael@treasureislandoldies.com.

On this week's show I played a couple of songs as a preview of the next special, The Name Game, including Johnny Get Angry, Caterina, Ruby Ann, Anna, and Joey Baby. So you get an idea of what to expect for the special; every song with have someone's name in the song title. The special will air live Sunday, April 15th starting at 6 pm Pacific time, and at various times throughout the week on the Broadcast Partners Network affiliate stations. Be sure to include the date in your calendar. 

I'd like to wish Happy Birthday to some good friends this week. Tom Locke, who researches and writes the weekly feature, Moment In Time, is in Vancouver, British Columbia. Also in Vancouver, Red Robinson from the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, plus Frank Vandeven, with whom I have been friends since I was 19, lives in Mission, British Columbia. Happy Birthday! Is your birthday approaching? If so, please me know by sending the date to birthdays@treasureislandoldies.com. I'll wish you Happy Birthday on the show and also play Birthday by The Beatles for you.

The Top Five Countdown this week is from 1962, this week's Spotlight Year. The Number One song is by the top female singer from the mid-'50s to the mid-'60s, Connie Francis.  Don't Break The Heart That Loves You is playing at the Treasure Island Oldies Treasure Island Oldies Blog.

Next week on Treasure Island Oldies, Voice Your Choice presents the great instrumentalist, Billy Vaughn. Cast your vote at the Voice Your Choice page for either A Swingin' Safari or Sail Along, Silv'ry Moon. I'll play the winner on next week's show.

Listen to this week's Rock and Roll News Podcast.

Have a great week.

Bye for now.
Michael